Monday, January 05, 2004

Last week I had to deal with some sin in my life. It was pretty crazy because I had to confess it to good friends who are incredibly gracious. However, it made me think...Why is it that I have a hard time confessing sin to another's in my community...Why does my pride seem to take precedence over Jesus' commands? I suppose that I would like to try to look pure, unfortunately I am a white washed tomb...As I practice confession I pray that it becomes easier and easier...It's hard to confess sin when you are caught in the act or in the midst of it... it is always easier to confess in hindsight...what a shame. I wish that I was more vulnerable in my weakness...Anyways, I was reading the Shepherd's Psalm and saw a line that I had never perceived before...verse 3..."... He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." I find that it coincides with the ideas found in Isaiah 48:11 "For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another." I think the idea here really starts in verse 9. Either way...The idea of God guiding me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake makes me reflect on every dysfunctional relationship I've ever had...God is clearly guiding me for his name's sake...We serve a God that is jealous for His own glory. The Lord clearly wants me to stay on His path...May He continue to fill me and purge me of sin...that I might be worthy of His Name..........On a lighter note the new Blink-182 is awesome...tracks 3 and 4 are my favorite...In some ways I can identify in a line in track 3...At times I feel as though I cry this out to God..."Don't waste your time on me your already a voice inside my head." I am glad that God feels as though I am worthy of His time, even if there are times when I don't agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home