Sunday, October 26, 2003

I leave sunny So. Cal in 8 days....I am very excited, yet there is a tinge of trepidation....Nevertheless, I am continually being affirmed that the Lord is directing me in this radical new endeavour. Yesterday I was afforded the wonderful opportunity to meet with two of my former classmates from California Baptist University. It was a tremendous opportunity to discuss community and house churches. I had a great time...however, it was very surreal...I was the "expert" concerning these issues. (An irony that continues to escape me.) My only hope is that God was speaking through me to speak into the lives and future ministry of Dan and Derek. Thank all of you for your prayers and support... Please don't stop praying... The Lord works in mysterious ways and I believe that we continually forget how powerful prayer truly is. Last week I got to see my grandfather in the hospital. He is doing much better though I am worried that loneliness might take over in the upcoming months. On Wed. Jason and I were able to go to the Harambe Center and learn a great deal from Rudy and his associates. I learned a great deal from these individuals concerning community and the impact that the Church can have on its surrounding community. I only have five days left at Palomar Hospital... I am very excited that the end of one experience is drawing near in order to birth new one's. Two points of advice that I have for everyone as I feel God has been speaking to me directly concerning these issues (1) Don't allow Culture to dictate how we read God's Word, take much of what Christ says at face value (2) Pray radically, think radically, and live radically...because our God is a radical God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home