Wednesday, October 29, 2003

The fire here in So. Cal is pretty out of control...Thank God my mother's place did not go up in smoke...Apparently she could see the fire come from over the top of the hill from her front yard...Escondido is littered with ash and the air is hardly breathable...My heart breaks for all of those people that have lost their homes...For many of them I am sure it seems as though they have lost their lives and identities....Con (Sp?) artists are already emerging...The common ploy is that they are a representative for a non-profit organization that is seeking donations for those that need to repair their homes and continue their lives...I find this to be the real tragedy...The depth of our sinful nature shall never cease to amaze me. Yesterday I got an opportunity to talk to Palmer, Matt, and Aaron. These three gentleman will be my new room mates in the course of the next week... I am pretty excited. I only have two more days of work...What a blessing... God is good may we continue to praise Him throughout all aspects of our lives...tragedy, despair, the mundane, and the exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home