Tuesday, August 10, 2004

This week has been so cool...My buddy Paul and I have been busy maximizing the amount of fun that we can squeeze out of the twenty-four hour day...Thank goodness twenty-four hour days come in plastic squeezable containers...Friday we went to the golf range...I still can't figure out why I can hit a pitching wedge farther than my driver, nevertheless, Sunday was great as well...My friends at SBUX threw a going away party for me...They each told some great stories...I received a tie for my possible interviews, and a book about Tibet...Then my buddy Pax and I were able to sing a Jason Mraz song that reminds me of my time here in Ohio and all of the people that I have met...One of my coworkers was crying at the end of the evening...I am not sure if she was overwhelmed by the fact that I am leaving or if she was thankful that I stopped singing. Yesterday was the end all...I flew for the first time...Clarification: I was the pilot...Paul and I were each able to fly for about an hour...He flew out of CMH to Urbana...I flew from Urbana back to CMH...We were able to take off and land...It was awesome...I've obviously flown before, however, I was never the pilot...Viewing the world as a large patchwork quilt stitched together with the highways and byways of Central Ohio...I now have a new pick up line..."Oh, don't worry about the bill...I'll take care of it...Oh, wait...This isn't my wallet, this is my PILOT LOG BOOK." We'll see if it works. I could not get this song out of my head as we were flying yesterday, "I'm leaving your town again, over the quilt your spinnin', I'm up in the air and I can see your house from here, If the plane goes down I'll remember where the love is found." So this Friday Paul and I are going to the Cincinnati Reds game where I hope to see Ken Griffey Jr. play...I am so excited... I will also see my American girl on Friday...she's going to the game with us...kinda crazy 'cause I thought that I wasn't going to see her again...It'll be fun...She's fun to hang out with regardless of the fact that nothing will come of it..."Somethin' about the way you make me laugh makes me feel like a child...after an afternoon with you, And your rich brown eyes your lips and your dark hair." That's it until Friday when I'll have something to say about the game...Until then...HOLLA, HOLLA!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

I love flying. I haven't done it for ages, but I'd love to be pilot again. Unfortunately it all costs way lots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home