Saturday, February 19, 2005

Winter

It's definitely winter here in So. Cal...the rain has been relentless...I think we are officially out of our drought...The rain will persist through March...Well, it won't persist, however, it will continue to remind us that summer won't completely arrive until April...The rain titillates the deep roots of the sparse foliage that composes our brown landscape...The inherent nourishing qualities of the simple hydrogen and oxygen compound forces the flowers to smile...How is it that the lilies of the field show more gratitude toward their maker than I ever could? I am sure that if I was a farmer the arrival of precipitation would be much more appreciated...It's fine...I can spend endless hours playing guitar, blogging, listening to jazz, and drinking obscene amounts of coffee.

South Park: The Living Home

Last night was very cool...I was able to hang out with the Evans' family (and friends) for Jason's 30th b-day...I wish I could spend more time down there with them...I should probably start praying for doors to open so that I can enjoy their company in larger quantities...It's been a long time since I have really been able to sit in a leather couch as a sophist...talking story...cruisin' on the boss, etc. I haven't had the chance to read or discuss thoughts on theology and the post-modern church...It would suffice to say that I miss my spiritual family deeply...I would like to be more committed to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Jason spoke very kind and gentle words about all of us that were in attendance...He is very eloquent...I believe that if there was one man that I knew to be meek it would be Jason...The Spirit of God is truly upon him...I suppose that I love being in his presence because as his cup runneth over-I sneak under and catch whatever run off is available...

Reflections:

I had a lot of time to myself on Monday...So I wrote this poem that I would like to share with all of you...it's silly, but I think that most all of my low-maintenance, easy-to-please friends could use this poem next year for good ole V-Day...Feel free to adjust the lines as appropriate for your own situation...This is very pliable.

Cheesy Poem:

Here's a few lines
To discuss all our good times
Your horizontal smile
And your sweatshirt and jeans style

I'm glad we're united
And I hope your delighted
To share some space
And your smiling face

You are such a joy
To this simple boy
There's only one last verse
So I'll make it terse

Would you like to share some wine?
And won't you please, Oh won't you please be my Valentine?!

I read a blog I wrote from last Valentine's Day...I realized that I have done a very poor job in spreading the Love of Jesus around all year long...I have a friend Nate that is in Beirut (sp?) and has been traveling around that area as a missionary...I am a little jealous...I suppose I am still waiting to find out what my role truly is within the Kingdom of God...I think that at this point in time when I feel as though there is little to "do" I should be in continual prayer for my brothers and sisters that are doing.

My Benediction (bene: good; diction:word choice- a good word):

May God bless you all this day...May you be involved with Him intimately...and may all you see inspire you to live radically within the context of His unconditional and unfailing Love...Practical Application: give some one a card and let them know how much they mean to you...or speak some words of encouragement...and whatever you do, DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT!! (this is my new catch phrase).

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie,
So, so good to talk to you last night. I expected to play a little phone tag with you like we've been doing lately, but to my surprise, a wonderful converstation was to be had! You make me smile my friend, I am still smiling today if you can believe that. I am happy for you. I believe in you. I miss you. I am thankful for you.
Be well...
--Kelli

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edward Skywalker-

i just wanted to drop a line and say hello. Your name has come to mind lately, so i've been deflecting it up to the Lord. Just wanted to let you know, and say hi too. You're loved, and not forgotten.

-Blake

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"talking story" a kingston reference? i just finished "the woman warrior" the other day for my exam. what an awesome read. praying for you, hoping to hear good things on the med school front soon.

-deneese

 

Post a Comment

<< Home