Monday, November 10, 2003

I had quite an amazing day yesterday, I was able to hear Mark Palmer speak at a church in Springfield, OH. That was really neat. Palmer did an excellent job, the Spirit was truly speaking through him. I am sure that many were blessed as God used Palmer as His vessel. I then was able to play some touch football with my house mate Arin and some of his friends, that was really cool as well. We had a great time. After that I went to Sharon Woods Baptist Church where I received the tremendous pleasure of meeting up with the famous Jeff Lewis. That was cool, quite odd however, I talked to some big wigs in the Southern Baptist convention. I talked to a guy that is commissioned by the SBC to plant churches, I also talked to a guy that is the campus minister at Ohio State University. It was really weird because I felt as though I was talking to a number of the board members at the church. All of these gentleman approached me as I stood on the outskirts waiting for Jeff to finish answering some last minute questions. Afterward Jeff and I got a chance to catch up on about 6 months worth of stuff. What a blessing that was, he is an amazing encouragement and a wonderful man of God. Then I was able to come home and play guitar with my buddy Robbie. That was awesome. He and I are going to start a band. Needless to say I am incredibly excited, the guy is very talented and why he wants to play with me will remain a mystery. Anyways, I have an interview set up with Starbuck's for Wed. I am stuck with this quandry however, they are only willing to pay me half of what I was making while I was at the hospital. I am not so sure that this will be enough money to cover my bills. At this point in time I am wondering whether or not I should try to raise support. If any of you have any ideas please let me know. I was also informed, yesterday, that there is a missions conference in Urbana, Illinois on Dec. 27 through the 31st. I don't really care too much about what the speaker's are going to say. But I did hear that all of the different missions organizations will be there and I definitely want to go and find out which one I should get hooked up with. So we'll see what happens. Once again this email is totally incoherent and I hope that it makes some sense. Last minute thought, I forgot that today I was able to attend the Underground Seminary here that 64 King (that's the address here in Ohio). It was really cool. Apparently they just read Cost of Discipleship, which I am reading as of right now, and they just started N.T. Wright's The Challenge of Jesus. So I am really excited to get involved with that and begin my reading. Much has happened. God is amazing, however, I must continue to remain married to the idea that God is awesome and amazing even in the mundane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home