Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I am currently listening to Jason Mraz...surprised? I have to admit I am exhausted from the last two days events and have neither an artistic word or a witty phrase to place upon this blank canvas. How is it possible that music can consistently soothe the contours of a tired soul? The sweet beats and seductive poetry relaxes my repugnant disposition-thank God for that.

Yesterday, I woke up at 3:20 a.m. When Ben Franklin wrote, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." I am not so sure that he was envisioning a twenty-something fumbling around the house in order to be at work by 4:00 a.m. 3:20...who gets up that early? If I were to see Benny...he and I would have words...I would have to inform him that his apothegm doesn't apply to an individual making little better than minimum wage. I forgot to inform my stomach acid that I was on a different sleeping schedule and as a result my stomach acid decided to sleep in...This cannot be healthy...I couldn't even eat when I got up...Now we all know there's something wrong with that...And here's the kicker...How wise is an individual that makes minimum wage, can't eat, and still gets up at 3 a.m.? Ben Franklin was obviously never called out on this oversight. I bet his other axioms are crap as well...Maybe I'll get a Ph.D. in discussing how his almanac led young men to starvation and poverty before they reached the age of thirty...I am sure that I could write an extensive thesis on how our forefather was busy smoking crack as he randomly wrote things on his blank canvas.

Today I woke up at 5:15 a.m. I live in a house where the dilatory individual gets out of bed at 6:00 a.m. That used to be me, however, the "Loser Crown" is now passed back and forth between 219 Vista Montana Way's current residents. I started back at the hospital today...It was strangely familiar...As if I had never left...I was knee deep in placentas...I was like Emeril, cutting an umbilical cord here and a membrane wrap there...It was awesome...I had some dude's bile-filled gall bladder splash upon my scrubs...yum...Those were the exciting highlights..we received someone's colon that was fresh and filled with feces...That was pretty cool too...It was all stuff I've seen before, yet I was remarkably callous to the whole scene. I thought that I would be a little apprehensive-wasn't true at all.

I think that's all I should write for now...I am tired and need to get ready to see a friend from high school that I haven't seen in 5 years...crazy...Anyways, talk to you later...My little blank canvas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home