Sunday, August 29, 2004

Do dreams mean anything anymore? I mean, Biblically speaking dreams were very important. God chose to speak to His people through dreams...these dreams were rich with symbolism...Lately I have been having ridiculous dreams...they are somewhere between an early Alfred Hithcock flick and one of Meg Ryan's many romantic comedies...They are twisted, I am generally making out with someone...sometimes someone I know, have known, or some figment of my imagination...These dreams are incredibly vivid...many times one of my old buddies makes a cameo appearance as I am walking through some stadium with my new girlfriend...In the middle of this stroll I decide to catch up on old times with my former friend...Somewhere in the midst of a conversation or swappin' spit I start to emerge to the surface of reality...it's like the time a child first decides to swim across the length of the pool while remaining underwater...only to discover that they are expending more oxygen than required for the journey...a luke-warm sensation in the chest becomes an insatiable fire...As the child breaches the water -Gasp!-...However, as I cross-over from my delightfully eerie dream world to my incredibly mundane reality I am bewildered by the images that were "randomly" encountered (I used quotations because I am not sure if they are random or meaningful)...Like a slide reel that has been dropped and in haste the subsequent replacement of the slides was completed carelessly...so that the once purposeful sequence has been altered to display an awkward rendition of seemingly disconnected events...Anyways, let me know if you have similar issues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home