Tuesday, August 31, 2004

So...I have been thinking about this follower of Jesus thing...It seems to me that there are three major components that will encompass who He wants me to be...Love, joy, and peace...I find myself having some trouble with the love aspect at times, however, I think that this one comes most "naturally." It's really the joy and peace that I struggle with the most. I have been praying everyday that I never forget how pivotal the Lord is in my life EVERY DAY!!!!

It's the onset of a listless malaise, through the mindless repetition, and lack of perspective that aids in my forgetfulness in regards to His faithfulness. It's really quite annoying...why can't I be perfect?! I have found myself over the last few years being incredibly discontent...I then default to eidolons...Envisioning myself as a musician performing before the multitudes...My sweet melodies nestle themselves in the abandoned auricular dormitories of my fans...This is one of my many daydreams...My vocation in these woolgathering escapades vary...Sometimes I'm a writer or a world renowned physician or a great father, husband, son, or athlete...Nevertheless, I am not embracing my vocation at the current moment...whatever that vocation may be...maybe my vocation right now is that of a wannabe (close cousin of the Wallabee)...I have been having great difficult establishing what my role is within the Kingdom of God...This has been very troubling and I have had zero success in gaining clarity.

On to less spiritual things that don't exhaust me...ya' know, the gravity of life can really weigh you down...do you like that? I came up with it all on my own. (My fingers were taking dictation from the chick-pea sized mass rattling around within its carapace when the words leapt on to the page...unfortunately this carapace resides on my shoulders, a cumbersome way to carry things. I guess that's really debatable, some would say the carapace resides on my backside...I am sure these same individuals would argue that my carapace is full as well...full of shit). Though I am sure someone else has said it in some alternate reality, an alternative to my reality anyway. I'll turn the phrase, "Don't let the gravity of life weigh you down," into a shirt and then a bumper sticker or vice versa. At least I should, but I am a little too lazy and I would hate to use up my 15 min. of fame on that.

I just finished another book since I have been here in Cali. Now that the Olympics are over I am shying away from the torture box that sits idly against the wall...like a Siren it encourages me to take a seat by the wall its opposite and behave in a similar fashion...The book was Stephen King's, On Writing. This was quite humorous and helpful...I felt it necessary to read this book with the hopes that it would inspire me to finish my essays for Med. School...Hopefully the last of these secondaries will be better than the previous 13. I just hope that one of these secondaries is smiled upon by an Admissions Committee...The moral of the story...read Stephen King's book if you want to improve your writing and be entertained simultaneously...I wanted to share this poem (at least that's how I read it) as well...

Who should not revere you,
O King of the nations?
This is your due.
Among all the wise men of the nations
and in all their kingdoms,
there is no one like you.

Jeremiah 10:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home